From Chennai: Private Day Tour to Pondicherry
0 / 5
Escape the Urban City of Chennai & travel to Pondicherry on a Private Day Tour. Stop at Aurobindo Ashram & gain some of the insider's information on this spiritual heritage. Learn more about the French colonial history, food, cultures & more directly from your guide. Finally, the journey to Auroville, where you’ll visit the domed Matrimandir temple where Integral yoga is practiced and learn more about the spiritual community that surrounds it.
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel Upto 24 Hours in Advance before the tour start time for a full Refund.
- Private full-day tour to Pondicherry from Chennai
- Learn about Pondicherry’s French colonial influences from your knowledgeable guide
- Visit Sri Aurobindo Ashram, one of India’s most important ashrams, and tour the interesting Pondicherry Museum
- Visit the tight-knit spiritual community of Auroville and explore Matrimandir, a unique domed temple for yoga practitioners
Relax on a 2 5-hour journey to Pondicherry after being picked from your hotel located in the Chennai region
Upon arrival, you’ll gain insider’s access to this quiet, spiritual community with the help of your private guide
Visit Sri Aurobindo Ashram, which was founded by a man with the same name From there, head to Pondicherry Museum on foot En route, you’ll learn about the French colonial influence that is evident in everything from the architecture to the cuisine Wander the museum galleries, which are filled with rare artifacts, archaeological findings from Arikamedu settlements, and learn about the history of this incredible and diverse place from your guide
Enjoy lunch on this private tour of Pondicherry at a French-Indian fusion restaurant (own expense) where you can sample the flavors unique to this region
After your meal, drive 4 miles (6 5 km) to Auroville This small town was founded by Mirra Alfassa and is home to a devout spiritual community Follow your guide to Matrimandir—known by locals as ‘Temple of the Mother’’—where you’ll get an up-close look at its gold-plated dome and lotus-shaped urn that stretches nearly 100 feet (31-meters) Gain a deeper understanding of this temple’s significance for practitioners and teachers of Integral yoga
At the end of your private day trip from Chennai to Pondicherry, travel in air-conditioned comfort back to your hotel or to the Chennai airport for departure
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Private Day tour
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Items of Personal Nature
- Foods & Drinks
Pickup & Meeting Point
Pick up Service Offered from the Chennai City Hotels.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, and at least 1 liter (32 fl oz) of drinking water per person are highly recommended
- If requiring pickup from the Chennai International Airport, please advise flight arrival details on checkout