2 Days Temples Tour with Sunset & Sunrise in Angkor Wat
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Explore the major temples of Angkor on a two days long tour. View the beautiful sunset and sunrise from Angkor Wat while capturing the memories from this astonishing site. Hear about the legacy of the Khmer empire, one of the most powerful regimes in Southeast Asia from a local guide.
- Enjoy 2 days visiting Angkor and different temples - Bayon, Neak Pean, Banteay Srei, Ta Prohm, and more
- Enjoy beautiful sunrise and sunset from Angkor
- Get stunning photographs at beautifully crafted temples
- Learn about the Khmer Empire and Buddhist and Hindu architectures
- Option to pick between a private tour or shared group
Explore the beauty of Angkor Wat and its temples, their intriguing build, and their significance to Hinduism & Buddhism from ancient times on this sensational tour. This tour will widen your knowledge and also soothe your heart with dazzling scenery.
On day 1 there's going to be a visit to Angkor Thom, a moated walled city just two miles north of Angkor Wat. Get in through the Southern Gate that dates back to the 12th century i.e. the era of the great Khmer empire of Southeast Asia. Next, you'll see the lovely architecture of Bayon Temple - one of the most decorated Khmer temples in Cambodia devoted to Buddhism. See the amazing crafting on towers, the temple's gigantic 200 faces, Terrace of the Leper King, and Terrace of the Elephants.
Following this, head to Neak Pean which is an artificially built island that embodies a Buddhist temple. What makes it special is that the island itself was constructed on a circular island in Jayatataka Baray hundreds of years ago. Before moving ahead on your journey, munch on some yummy local food at a local restaurant. Then visit the Banteay Srei to seek the blessings of the Hindu god Lord Shiva.
Before going back to your place of stay, witness the beauty of Banteay Samre, the temple that formerly featured remarkable internal moats inside the temple complex. Lastly, enter Pre Rup Temple to spectate well-preserved carvings along with a perfectly aligned sunset.
On day 2, get ready to catch a glance of sunrise outside Angkor Wat. After the sunrise view, you'll get inside the temple. Please note that it will be dark so bring a torch along with you. Our expert guide will tell you about Angkor's bas relief carvings, and the architectural success of the Khmer empire on your visit.
You'll have breakfast after coming outside of the temple. Thereafter you will enter Preah Khan Temple protected by fortified walls and a moat. Have a look at the spectacularly crafted garudas - divine eagle of Hindu mythology, temple corridors, and towers.
By this time, there will be lunchtime. We'll escort you to your hotel for lunch. After lunch, enjoy a drive to Ta Nei, a 12th-century Buddhist temple with moss, and attractive sculptures built. At the end of this tour, admire the beauty of the Ta Prohm. Once home to more than 2000 monks, this jungle-shrouded temple is a photogenic site. Get your nice photos clicked before we head back to the hotel.
- Air-conditioned vehicle for transportation
- Hotel pick up & drop off facility
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fully private tour
- A free drink every day
- Bottled water
- Entrance for temples i.e. $37 per head. This fee covers all temples & is valid for up to 2 days.
- Food & drinks expenses
- Any personal expense
- Any tips
- We pick up all travelers
- Pick up Information: Pick up & drop off provided from all hotels located in Siem Reap.
- No wheelchair accessibility
- People with mobility impairments are discouraged from joining.
- Children under 5 years of age are not allowed on the tour.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes & a respectful dress code.
- Keep a torch with you.
Popular Tours similar to Siem Reap
Jaisalmer: Evening Tour of Desert Camel Safari & Haunted Village of Kuldhara
Half Day Tour of Temples in Delhi including hotel pick up and drop off